Enchanted Smile Contest
What is it?
The Enchanted Smile Contest was created to raise awareness across the Realm and throughout the communities where our Grottoes are located about the good work of the Humanitarian Foundation’s Dental Care for Children with Special Needs program. Through the contest, one child’s smile will be selected to appear on Humanitarian Foundation materials the following year.
What is the Purpose?
Effective programs for children focus on children! The purpose of the Enchanted Smile Contest is to recognize all of our children who are part of the dental program. The benefits of the contest will be to keep our focus on the children we serve and to bring awareness to the program.
How Does the Contest Work?
- Entries: Any Doctor of Smiles may submit one photo of a client who has been helped through the Foundation’s dental program anytime in the past three years. Entries are to be submitted to the Humanitarian Foundation, 430 Beecher Rd., Gahanna, OH 43230, by June 1, 2012.
- Photo Waiver: A Photo Waiver must be signed by the child’s parent/guardian and must accompany the entry.
- Web Site: All children will have their photos displayed on the Humanitarian Foundation web site prior to the Supreme Council session so everyone can see their beautiful smiles.
- Selecting the Winning Smile: At the Annual Session of the Supreme Council in July, all photos will be displayed and Prophets will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Enchanted Smile.
Thank You Gift
A gift card will be given to the family of each child whose photo is entered into the contest.
The winning child’s photo will be used as the “Face of the Humanitarian Foundation” in all Foundation communications and materials until the next contest winner is selected in 2013. The child who is chosen as the winner will receive the following:
- A $100 gift card will be given to the family.
- A feature article about the winner, to be placed on the Humanitarian Foundation web site and to be published in the Grotto magazine.
- A press release, to be sent out to the media in the winner’s hometown, if acceptable to the child’s parents/guardian.
- Travel and one night’s accommodations for the winning child and up to two parents or legal guardians at the 2013 Annual Session of the Supreme Council.
- Dinner for three (child and up to two parents or guardians) at the convention and recognition at the program.